The Allen Police Department will be accepting applications for the position of Police Recruit. Individuals who meet the minimum qualifications listed below are invited to submit an on-line employment application. Applications must be submitted no later than 5p.m. CST on Friday, March 27, 2020.
3/27/2020 5:00 PM Central
• Promotes a secure environment by patrolling, on car, by foot and on bike, the City and assigned districts, deterring crime by presence, assisting in high risk situations, providing special surveillance operations, taking reports, operating Police equipment, enforcing State and local laws and City ordinances, subduing combative or uncooperative citizens, making lawful arrests and keeping the peace on civil scenes.
• Enforces traffic laws by patrolling roadways, responding to calls from Dispatch Center, observing violations and making traffic stops, searching vehicles in probable cause is found, issuing citations or verbal warnings and filing reports.
• Reports on motor vehicle accidents by responding to accidents, clearing the road way, interviewing involved parties, observing and recording evidence at the scene, interpreting and drawing conclusions from evidence, making an overall assessment of the incident, taking appropriate actions, issuing citations and filing reports.
• Investigates crimes by responding to calls for service, interviewing witnesses, victims and suspects, gathering and documenting evidence, submitting evidence, filing reports, issuing citations, taking suspects into custody, and filing charges through the District Attorney's office.
• Maintains positive community relations by answering citizens' questions and providing various other forms of civic service and assistance for citizens, by surveying the public to evaluate problem areas and specific needs and questioning citizens for their opinions on Police matters.
Formal Education / Knowledge
• High School diploma or GED
• Must be at least 21 years of age
Certification and Other Requirements
Must posses a current and valid Driver's License and/or be able to obtain a Texas Driver's License prior to employment.