Salary range: $67,636 – $94,691 DOQ/E (RECRUIT).
Open Until Filled
The City of Black Hawk is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Officer (NON-POST, POST certified, or laterals). The position is responsible for performing public safety functions and for providing for the enforcement of federal, state, and municipal law.
- Providing law enforcement services, including patrolling streets and public areas; responding to calls for assistance;
- Providing assistance to the public; performing public relations duties; intervening in disputes;
- Performing activities associated with investigations and crime prevention;
- Protecting and preserving crime scenes; conducting preliminary investigations; collecting physical evidence; making arrests; issuing citations; interviewing and/or counseling involved parties; preparing documentation of activities performed and information gathered;
- Completing detailed police reports; following up on cases; assisting with filing cases;
- Transporting prisoners to detention facilities; testifying in court; interacting with other jurisdictions, law enforcement agencies and courts of law;
- Researching and completing special projects; and performing other duties as assigned.
- Requires high school diploma or GED;
- Colorado Peace Officer Standards and Training (CPOST) certification by the date of hire;
- Valid Colorado driver’s license with a safe driving record; and the ability to work various shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be at least 21 years of age. Applicants are encouraged to observe one patrol shift with a Black Hawk Police Officer.