$66,185.60 – $95,076.80 Annually
This position is responsible for the handling of law enforcement activity including, but not limited to, responding to calls for service, assigned tasks and details, and self initiated contacts. Works directly with citizens, assists in resolving problems/conflicts, represents the City with a courteous, helpful and professional manner. Reports to police sergeant or assigned supervisor.
Examples of Duties
- Protects life and property by performing assigned law enforcement and investigative activities.
- Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls for service and assistance.
- Enforces city ordinances and state and federal laws in fair and uniform manner and according to established department policies and effects arrests when circumstances dictate.
- Responsible for traffic enforcement, control and direction. This includes motorized, non-motorized and pedestrian traffic.
- Patrols and observes the community in order to detect and deter criminal activity and provide a sense of security and well-being to the community.
- Prepares clear and accurate reports in accordance with department policies.
- Prepares and executes warrants, makes recommendations for criminal complaints and presents testimony as required in court.
- Gathers, develops, and disseminates information relevant to any law enforcement problem.
- Reports significant law enforcement information to the police sergeant or assigned supervisor.
- Must have a valid Minnesota Peace Officer License or be eligible to be licensed in the State of Minnesota.
- Must have a valid Minnesota driver’s license or ability to obtain within 60 days of appointment.
- Must be eligible to carry a firearm in the State of Minnesota.