Under general supervision of a Police Sgt., performs a wide variety of law enforcement and community policing techniques to protect the life and property of everyone who lives, works, and visits the Town of Zebulon.
Detailed Work Activities
- Performs a variety of proactive, reactive, and preventative law enforcement duties such as responding to calls for service, enforcing traffic and criminal laws, making arrests, serving warrants, processing and managing crime scenes and evidence, and conducting high-visibility patrols, business checks, welfare checks, and ‘park and walks.'”
- Prepares and submits detailed and accurate reports on investigations, criminal or traffic, to include person arrested, victims identified, property stolen or recovered, and other incidents requiring reporting.
- Prepares and submits detailed daily reports of activities, including requests for time earned and time requested off.
- Maintain situational awareness by reading reports and attending and contributing to briefings.
- Assists with departmental programs, special events, and community outreach.
- Participates in regular trainings and continuing education to maintain required certifications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential functions satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are a representation, not an all-inclusive listing, of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
Desirable Experience and Education:
- High school graduation or the equivalent.
- Minimum qualifications include, but are not limited to, successful completion of Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) certification and
- General or Probationary Certification from the State of N.C. Criminal Justice Training & Standards Division.
- No prohibitive criminal or driving history.
- Other qualifications as may be established as necessary for the successful function of this position.
- Valid N.C. Driver’s License.