Salary: $45,333.00 Annually.
Police Officers with the City of Southport will focus on community-based patrol operations and interactions as well as perform enforcement and investigative services to ensure a safe community for the residents and tourists.
- Officers will answer calls for service, respond to critical situations, investigate crimes, and motor vehicle accidents, prepare incident, accident, and arrest reports.
- The officer will process minor crime scenes for fingerprints and collect and process other evidence, serve arrest warrants and criminal summonses, conduct follow-up investigations, work traffic control assignments, attend and testify in court, investigate narcotic and reported criminal activity, and work to organize and participate in community-based policing activity as assigned.
- All Southport Police officers will work as recruitment officers by promoting a positive image of the department through professional interactions with the community.
- Candidates must possess a North Carolina driver’s license or be able to obtain it within a designated time.
- The candidate must possess, be enrolled in, or be able to enroll in a North Carolina BLET certification program.
- Experienced, out-of-state full-time sworn law enforcement officers with full arrest powers meeting the requirements approved by North Carolina Criminal Justice Training and Standards rules will be evaluated and considered.
- Applicants must possess a high school diploma or GED from a certified educational facility, be able to comply with the minimum job functions as defined by NC CJ Training and Standards, pass a comprehensive background investigation, drug screening, physical examination, and be of good moral character.
- Additional background and verification processes may be required.