Certified Police Officers
The City of Meriden Police Department has begun an open ended application process for Certified Police Officers. This process will remain open until all vacancies have been filled.
- Age: Twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of the written test.
- Education: You must be a high school graduate or possess a GED.
- License: Candidate must possess and maintain a valid Connecticut driver’s license.
- Residency: Candidate must be U.S. citizens.
- Drug Testing: Candidate shall be required to submit to a drug test as part of the pre-employment
- Certified Experience: You must have been a certified police officer for at least two years. You must be in good standing with your department or retired in good standing. If retired you must be within your certification time period.