$27.24 – $37.69 Hourly
The primary purpose of this position is general duty police work involving protection of life and property, enforcement of laws, crime investigation, and service to the public. The employee has a significant impact on the quality of life through community partnership, strategic police patrols, and thorough investigations. Assignments may include, but are not limited to patrol, traffic investigations, canine, crime prevention or other police-related functions.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Patrols assigned areas to ensure the security of life and property, observe situations, and deter crime by providing high visibility; provides information to the public concerning methods for improve security.
- Responds to suspicious activities and answers emergency calls for service.
- Enforces local, state and federal laws and ordinances; issues verbal warnings and citations; pursues and apprehends suspects and requests assistance as required; transports prisoners.
- Investigates juvenile and designated adult criminal activity and incidents as the assigned detective; interviews victims, complainants, witnesses and suspects.
- Coordinates crime scene control and investigation, including interviews, interrogate and identification of witnesses.
- Processes crime scene and evidence collection; stores and maintains evidence property, including narcotics; may send evidence to other law enforcement agencies as required.
- Restores order, protects life and property, and maintains the peace at public gatherings and in conflict situations.
- Prepares and documents cases, completes reports and records, and prepares and maintains other logs and records; provides evidence and testimony in court.
- Investigates traffic accidents and provides traffic and crowd control as necessary; participates in special details and assignments.
ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent; or
- Successful completion of 15 academic credits at a U.S, regionally-accredited college.
- Laterals preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to obtain Idaho POST Basic Certificate within one year of appointment.