Job Status: Open – open and accepting applications
Job Reference Number: Police Lieutenant
The City of Scappoose is accepting applications for a Police Lieutenant
SALARY: $5,813 to $9,018/ month depending on experience.
Signing Bonus: A signing bonus made up of the following elements will be offered to successful lateral
Hiring Bonus 10,000
2,000 upon hire
2,000 upon completion of probation
3,000 upon completion of 3 full years
3,000 upon completion of 5 full years
Sick Leave Bank 80 hours
Vacation Leave Bank up to 120 hours accrual rate 9.34 per month
Total Incentive $10,000
REQUIREMENT: See full position description at www.ci.scappoose.or.us
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, & EXPERIENCE:
- Education and experience requirements listed are minimum standards. Other equivalent combinations of education, certifications, training, and experience may be considered.
- Must be US Citizen at time of hire.
- Must be at least 21 years of age with no criminal record.
- Minimum of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Must be eligible to work as a Patrol Officer in the state of Oregon.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Law Enforcement, Criminal Justice, Political Science, or related field is preferred.
- At least seven (7) years of experience in police work, including a minimum of five (5) years in a position equivalent to the rank of a Police Sergeant or higher, is required. Must have and maintain current DPSST
- Advanced certificate and Supervisory certification at the time of hire.
- Additionally, the candidate must be eligible for the Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST) Management Law Enforcement Certificate within two years of accepting the position, meet all DPSST
- standards, be a U.S. Citizen at time of hire, possess and maintain a valid Oregon license to operate a motor vehicle with an acceptable driving record, and able to pass a thorough background
- check as well as medical and psychological evaluation.
- Advanced knowledge of police practices and procedures, investigative methods and techniques, federal, state and local laws, report writing, firearm use and safety precautions.
- Knowledge of the community and surrounding areas.
- Previous training related to police equipment or operations, first aid, CPR, hazardous materials, firearms training,
- LEDS General level certification, RegJin, etc.
City of Scappoose application must be completed.
BENEFITS: The City of Scappoose provides a complete package of employee benefits.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Opened until filled
Applications can be picked up at
Scappoose City Hall
33568 E. Columbia Avenue
Scappoose OR 97056
Applications can also be downloaded from our website at www.ci.scappoose.or.us
All applications must be turned into City Hall.
The City of Scappoose is an Equal Opportunity Employer.