Provides supervision for a division of police and security officers assigned.
- Provides security and protection of persons and university property.
- Assists in security planning, direction and staffing of departmental activities and functions.
- Supervises department staff (security) in absence of a higher-ranking member.
- Enforces laws, rules and regulations including campus policies.
- Responds and investigates crimes and addresses campus security problems.
- Maintains liaison with external law enforcement agencies and other campus departments.
- Conducts confidential investigations, internal and external.
- Completes departmental records and reports.
- Prepares offense and investigative reports.
- Enforces criminal laws and traffic control.
- Conducts open line communications with staff, students, and the general public to promote the university and safety initiatives of TUPD.
- Coordinates working relationships and investigations for the Dean of Students and the Office of Title IX.
- Attends Court and Judicial appearances.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- B.S. Degree preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must have at least 2years full time experience as a certified police officer.
- Must have at least I year full time supervisory experience.
- Must possess a high school diploma from an accredited institution or GED.
- Must possess certification as an Alabama certified law enforcement officer or complete certification within 6 months of appointment.
- Must meet all APOST requirements including current firearms certification and first aid/CPR.
- Valid Alabama Driver’s License with a good driving record.