Accept and prepare preliminary reports of criminal complaints and accidents of a minor nature. Perform specific patrol duties within assigned areas as a visible deterrent. Enforce City ordinances authorized by the Department. Perform related work as required or directed to.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Attending college, enrolled in law enforcement or related field.
- Maintain a 2.5 or better GPA.
- Good moral character with no major contacts with any law enforcement agency.
- Ability to communicate and interact with fellow employees, other agencies and various types of people.
- Ability to communicate verbally and effectively by listening to people and by giving information and direction.
- Ability to communicate effectively over law enforcement radio channels while initiating and responding to radio communications.
- Ability to accurately prepare written reports and forms.
- Legible handwriting and spelling skills.
- Ability to maintain a satisfactory work record.