The Springfield College Department of Public Safety is a full-service police agency that serves the College Community and operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This position is for full-time, 40-hour position.
- Prevention and detection.
- Search and Seizure.
- Traffic enforcement.
- Crash investigation.
- Maintaining public order.
- This position requires a minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent and a successful completion of an approved full-time Massachusetts Police Training Council (MPTC) police academy or Massachusetts Special State Police Academy.
- Must obtain a Massachusetts License to Carry Firearms (Class A Large Capacity) permit in accordance with Massachusetts General Law Chapter 140, Section 131.
- Must possess a Special State Police Officer (SSPO) Certification, or the ability to obtain one within 60 days.
- Candidate must maintain these certifications to remain a licensed police officer.
- Must be able to read and speak English; possess a valid driver’s license; and pass a background check and psychological exam.
- A full motor vehicle/driving history report will be required as a part of the background check process.
- Candidate’s driver history must be approved by the college’s vehicle insurance carrier for operation of all police or college vehicles.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community is required.