Salary: $43,243.20 annual.
Open Until Filled
The duties of this position require a constituted law enforcement officer certified by the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, empowered to enforce all laws of the State with full powers of arrest. Responsibilities are to protect life, limb, and property for the citizens of DeFuniak Springs. This position enforces laws, seizes evidence, makes arrests, and testifies in court. Provides general police protection for citizens, business owners, and visitors to the city. This position requires independent judgment and the ability to apply technical law enforcement knowledge with limited supervision.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Be a US Citizen.
- Have a High school Diploma or GED.
- Have a valid Florida driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Have not been convicted of any felony or any misdemeanor involving perjury or a false statement.
- Have not been dishonorably discharged from any of the Armed Forces of the US Have good moral character.
- Must possess a CURRENT Certificate of Compliance as a Law Enforcement Officer with the State of Florida.
- Must possess a current and valid class E Florida Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
- Must have No Marijuana use in the past five years and NO other controlled substance use.
- Prior Law Enforcement Officers must not have ANY sustained internal investigation involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence.