The City of Aurora, IL is accepting applications for the position of Police Officer to establish a Civil Service eligibility list.
Post (6 mos.) probation salary $69,076.80 plus a full benefit package https://www.aurora-il.org/1029/Police-Officer-Eligibility-List
- Candidates must be at least 20 years of age and under 35 years of age at the time of written exam but must be at least 21 years of age and under 36 years of age at time of appointment, pursuant to the Illinois Municipal Code as amended (65 ILCS 5/10-1-1 et seq.).
- Must be an U.S. citizen at the time of appointment.
- Must possess a valid Class “D” Illinois driver’s license or a valid out-of-state driver’s license of similar classification.
- The applicant must have achieved a high school diploma with a grade point average of 2.5 out of 4.0 (or an equivalent on a scale with a maximum grade point average other than 4.0), or a G.E.D. with a minimum composite score of no less than 2480 points, or at least sixteen (16) hours of college credit with a grade point average of 2.5 out of 4.0 (or an equivalent on a scale with a maximum grade point average other than 4.0) regardless of high school grade point average or G.E.D. composite score.
- Must be able to meet vision standard at time of appointment. Must be correctable to 20/20 with both eyes open including field of vision/depth perception/color vision within normal ranges.
- Must possess a valid Police Officer Physical Ability Test certification/POWER card. Certifications will be considered valid within one (1) year of the issuance date.
- Must be of excellent moral character and personal integrity.
- A subsequent polygraph and psychological examination will be required, in addition to a thorough background investigation, drug screen and pre-employment physical.