Police/Law Enforcement Officer
Salary range: $45,780.
Open Until Filled
Campus Police officers provide a full range of police services to the New College of Florida and University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee campus community. The Campus Police Department is a 24/7 agency with primary jurisdiction on and around the university campuses. Position will perform sworn law enforcement duties. Some shift work required as well as some nights, weekends, and/or holidays. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must meet the requirements of Chapter 943, Florida Statutes,
- Be certifiable as a law enforcement officer in Florida; and
- Have one year of law enforcement experience.
- Military or other appropriate experience may substitute for the required law enforcement experience.
- Appropriate college work or vocational/technical training may substitute for the required experience. Will obtain 911 telecommunications certification by second year of employment.
- Preference will be given to applicants with 60 or more semester hours of college coursework from an accredited college or university OR U.S. military personnel with two years of active service OR certified sworn law enforcement officers with one year or more of experience.