$44,763.83 – $67,145.53 Annually
Under general direction, to perform police duties, such as; foot patrol, motorized patrol within the City of Casselberry; to prevent crime; to detect and arrest the perpetrators of crimes; to regulate traffic; to provide public assistance; to perform all additional functions for the rank as prescribed by relevant laws, city ordinances, departmental rules and regulations, orders and directives of the Police Department; to perform special duties and/or assignments as directed by the Chief of Police in his discretion; to enforce the laws of the State of Florida and the ordinances of the City of Casselberry.
Examples of Essential Functions
– Patrols assigned zone in a police vehicle.
– Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls for police assistance as directed within the City of Casselberry.
– Arrests violators of state laws and city ordinances, as required.
– Directs and regulates traffic within the City.
– Investigates traffic accidents.
– Maintains the public peace.
– Provides general assistance to the public such as: to injured and ill persons, and in public and domestic disturbances.
– Inspects and protects business and residential properties in the nighttime.
– Qualify in a physical fitness test.
– Qualify in an oral review board.
– Qualify in a CVSA interview/examination.
– Qualify in a physical examination and medical testing administered by the City of Casselberry approved agent prior to employment.
– Qualify in a drug screen test.
– Qualify in a psychological fitness test administered by the City of Casselberry approved agent prior to employment.