The City is looking for experienced Police Officers to fill 24 vacancies. Newly hired Police Officers will be enthusiastic and compassionate individuals committed to community policing and dedicated to addressing the needs of the community.
Under general supervision, performs law enforcement and crime prevention tasks and duties
related to the protection of public health, safety, and welfare; patrols an assigned area to ensure the enforcement of all applicable federal, state, and local laws; performs investigative work; and performs additional related duties as assigned.
$92,248.00 – $112,128.00 Annually
11/22/2021 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time (US & Canada); Tijuana
• A strong desire and willingness to learn and grow as a Police Officer
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• The ability to make sound decisions
• Emotional intelligence
• The ability to establish rapport and trust with community members, other Police Officers, command staff, and civilian staff
• Cultural sensitivity
• A common-sense approach when approaching unique situations
• Situational awareness
Education and Experience
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be graduation from high school or equivalent and successful completion of a Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) certified Police Academy. College level course work and specialized training in law enforcement, criminal justice, or a related field is highly desirable.
Must be at least 21 years of age; must successfully complete a comprehensive P.O.S.T. background investigation, physical examination, drug testing, and psychological evaluation; must possess U.S. citizenship at the time of appointment.
• Possession of a valid California P.O.S.T. Basic Certificate or valid California P.O.S.T Basic Course Waiver at the time of application.
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid CPR certification.
• Possession of a valid California Driver License, Class C or higher, prior to date of appointment.