$34.06 – $47.37 Hourly
Police Officers perform law enforcement duties involving the protection of life and property, to include, but not limited to, the prevention and control of crime, preservation of peace, regulation of traffic, provision of emergency services, crisis intervention, building community trust, and other related duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
These examples of responsibilities are intended only as an illustration of the various types of work performed and are not meant to be inclusive. The position description is subject to change as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
- Perform security patrols, traffic control, investigation and show basic first aid knowledge at medical emergencies; detection, investigation and arrest of persons involved in crimes or misconduct.
- Work an assigned shift with minimal supervision, using own judgment in deciding course of action, being expected to handle difficult and emergency situations without assistance.
- Maintain normal availability by radio or telephone for consultation on major emergencies or incidents.
- Carry out duties in conformance with federal, state, county, and city laws and ordinances.
- Interrogate suspects, witnesses and drivers. Preserve evidence.
- Conduct follow-up investigations of crimes. Prepares cases for testimony and testifies in court proceedings.
- Prepare a variety of reports.
- Undertake community-oriented police work, and assists citizens with crime prevention.
- Coordinate activities with other officers or other City departments as needed, exchanges information with officers in other law enforcement agencies, and obtains advice from the City Attorney or County Attorney’s office regarding cases, policies and procedures, as needed and assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college. Applicants actively working towards a bachelor’s degree may be considered.
- Eligibility to be licensed by the Minnesota Peace Officers Standards and Training Board as a full-time peace officer at time of hire.
- Ability to meet the department’s physical requirements so as to safely and effectively perform the essential job functions.
- Valid Driver’s License.