$32.00 – $45.75 Hourly
$66,560 to $95,160 is the pay range for Fort Lupton Sworn Police officers
The City of Fort Lupton is looking for qualified Police Officers to join our ranks. Whether you have recently completed law enforcement academy or have experience, please consider us.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities are not all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides a variety of law enforcement services including patrolling streets and other public places on an assigned shift.
- Performs activities associated with investigations and crime prevention; writes detailed police reports and collects physical evidence.
- Assists with filling cases.
- Testifies in court proceedings as required.
- Provides information, assistance or directions to the public.
- Emphasizes community policing through public meetings and speaking directly with citizens.
- Performs a variety of public relations and public education duties.
- Intervenes in disputes, apprehends suspects, makes arrests, issues citations, identifies witnesses, conducts preliminary investigations, and re-establishes law and order at the scene.Interviews and/or counsels involved parties such as witnesses, suspects, students, victims and parents.Prepares documentation of activities performed and information gathered.Follows up on cases.Protects and preserves crime scenes.
- Responds to calls for assistance, including assaults, fights, domestic disturbances, thefts, traffic accidents and traffic control, and other criminal or civil complaints; transports prisoners to detention facilities and court as necessary.
Qualifications and Requirements
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Colorado P.O.S.T. (Peace Officer Standards and Testing) certification
- Colorado Driver’s License
- First Aid and CPR certification
- CCIC/CBI (Colorado Bureau of Investigations) certification, or ability to obtain
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Reside within sixty minutes commuting distance of the Police Station