$63,686.00 – $76,045.00 Annually
7/6/2022 8:00 AM Central
Summary of Position
Police Officers assigned to the Patrol Division work 12-hour shifts on a re-occurring 4 day cycle under general direction of the Police Corporal. This is a highly responsible professional position that performs specialized work in law enforcement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform crime prevention and detection activities enforcing federal, state and local laws, preserving peace and protecting property and lives.
- Work involves responsibility for rapid and efficient performance of law enforcement specialized duties under normal and emergency conditions, and may involve threats to personal safety and/or life.
- Respond to emergency calls to protect lives and property often times involving criminal activities.
- Patrol assigned area to prevent and detect criminal activities normally operating a City vehicle.
- Initiate applicable investigation techniques to develop and prosecute criminals under each offense.
- Document investigative actions, interviews, interrogations, subpoena procurement; written statements; affidavits for evidentiary warrants and arrest warrants; evidence collection; identification, location and apprehension of perpetrator and property recovery.
- Investigate non-criminal actions such as missing persons, found property, etc.
- Conduct specialized undercover investigations as assigned.
- Apprehend suspected criminals as situation dictates.
- Applicant must be 21 years of age and have not reached the age of 51 before the date of hire. Applicant must hold a valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Applicant must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Applicant must be able to read and write the English language.
- Applicants who are hired as recruits will be required to attend and successfully pass the Police Academy are subject to an eighteen (18) month probation period.