Starting pay $62587.00 – $76147.00 D.O.E. Application, Resume, and Certifications Required. Must be POST certified.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Police Officers perform individually and as members of a team and participate in the following activities: enforce local, state and federal ordinances, regulations, and laws; apprehend suspects; responds to and investigates disturbances, service and accidental calls, patrol and surveillance; receives training and maintains skill proficiency; operates vehicles during routine and emergency situations; communicates with the public in normal and adverse situations; completes verbal and written reports and documentation. Police Officers work independently following written or verbal instructions that are general in nature.
1. Must be 21 years of age or older.
2. Must be a Colorado POST certified Police Officer, POST eligible for provisional certification.
3. Must have a valid driver’s license with demonstrated satisfactory driving record.
4. Possess no felony or misdemeanor convictions that would tend to decrease integrity or credibility, or moral turpitude.
5. Must be a authorized to work in the United States.
6. Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
7. Must possess the physical ability to perform the essential job functions.
8. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
9. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing, using tact and diplomacy.
10. Skill in recording information accurately.
11. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships