Are you ready to begin a career that’s bigger than you? We’re looking for qualified men and women looking to do just that and help build a safer community. Learn leadership skills, take on great responsibility and reach your potential while enhancing the quality of life for every citizen in Mesquite, Texas.
The Mesquite Police Department is looking for problem solvers and servant-hearted leaders that are looking to make a difference. Take the next step in your career and apply today!
$63,147 – $84,623
• U.S. Citizen (under the provisions of State Civil Service Law)
• Age: Candidates must be not less than 21 years of age nor more than 50 years of age (at the time of application) (55 for lateral).
• Vision: At least 20/70 uncorrected in each eye, correctable to 20/20 in each eye, with no color blindness.
• Hearing: Candidate may not be certified as eligible if audiometric testing shows an average hearing loss in their unaided better ear greater than 40 decibels (dB) at 500 Hz, 1000 Hz, and 2000 Hz when the audiometric device is calibrated to ANSI Z24.5
• Candidates must have successfully completed the required hours of college credit (60 hours with a grade of C or above) or have 3 years of active duty military.
• Must meet TCOLE certification requirements.