FBI Special Agent
This Special Agent (SA) posting is open to all qualified candidates within the United States (U.S.) and its territories. The FBI will use this to fill multiple vacancies around the country.
The mission of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States
We’re looking for people with unique skills, experiences, and backgrounds to become Special Agents. The one thing every SA shares is a belief in the mission of the FBI. They have the drive to help keep our nation safe, become part of something bigger than themselves, and take pride in making a difference in the communities they serve.
Special Agents are:
• Driven to find solutions to all types of problems.
• Compassionate and respectful to everyone they meet.
• Adaptable to a variety of situations, and able to keep a calm demeanor in the face of challenges.
• Well-spoken, well-written, and enjoy meeting, speaking and collaborating with people from different backgrounds.
• Physically fit and able to pass the physical fitness test (PFT).
• Adhere to the highest standards of conduct, especially in maintaining honesty and integrity.
• Work a minimum of 50 hours per week, which may include irregular hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
• Maintain a level of fitness necessary to effectively respond to life-threatening situations on the job.
• Carry a firearm and be willing to use deadly force, if necessary.
• Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execution of search warrants, and other dangerous assignments.
• Be a U.S. Citizen
• Be between 23 and 36 years of age (Exceptions)
• Have a bachelor's degree or master’s degree from a U.S.-accredited college or university. You should not apply if you have not received your bachelor’s degree
• Have at least two (2) years of full-time professional work experience or one (1) year if you have an advanced degree (master’s degree, doctorate degree)
• Possess a valid driver’s license and have six months of driving experience
• Meet the physical requirements
• Meet all FBI employment eligibility requirements
• Be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
• If you are currently active duty in the military, you must be within 15 months of completing your service before submitting your application
• Be available for assignment to any of the FBI’s 56 Field Offices