Salary: $20.54 – $25.67.
Police Recruit is an entry level position which performs basic level police duties including patrol, investigation, traffic regulation, crime prevention, and other related law enforcement activities. The position of Police Recruit is for probationary police offices without at least one year of full-time law enforcement experience. The Police Recruit works under the supervision of a field training officer or a sergeant and exercises some degree of discretion in decision making and independent judgment within established guidelines. Police Recruits are expected to meet Idaho Peace Officers Standards and Training certification requirements within one year of hire.
- Must be 21 by date of hire.
- Must be a citizen of United States.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain by time of hire, a valid State driver’s license without record of suspension or revocation in any State.
- Ability to meet Idaho Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST) for employment.
- Felony convictions and disqualifying criminal histories within the past seven years are not allowed. Any
- previous to seven years ago will be considered.
- Be of high moral character and free of any recent major or habitual violations of the law, including drug usage or other activities or associations that would affect credibility as a police officer.
- Must successfully pass all phases of the hiring process.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Candidates who are Spanish-English bilingual will be eligible for additional pay.