Police Officer I
$44,099.00 – $48,689.00 Annually
10/7/2022 5:00 PM Eastern
Upon completion or in execution of a Basic Law Enforcement Certification, the Police Officer I performs police and law enforcement work involving a variety of general police assignments including but not limited to: enforcing laws, investigating criminal activity, ensuring safety of public, collecting evidence, testifying in court, maintaining files and records, preparing reports, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Police Sergeant.
- Operates a patrol vehicle safely, in emergency and non emergency modes, or walks to observe for violations of traffic laws, suspicious activities or persons, and disturbances of law and order
- Responds to radio calls, assignments and complaints; issues traffic citations; serves warrants, summons, etc.
- Makes arrests, completes arrest records, and testifies in court
- Operates in car computer and related software
- Prepares detailed reports, forms and correspondence on activities, assignments and complaint reports
- Provides police escorts, directs traffic
- Performs residential and commercial checks
- Interviews victims and witnesses to obtain necessary information regarding crime, accident, violation, etc.
- Investigates crimes, collects evidence; conducts searches; investigates traffic accidents
- Assists other law enforcement agencies when requested or assigned
- Participates in a variety of in-service and special training programs