$47,664.41 Type: Full Tim
General Job Description
Under general supervision and the direction of the Chief of Police, enforcement of State and Horry County law, rules, regulations and ordinances. Must work in all weather conditions, be proficient with firearms, and able to respond to potential law enforcement or security concerns as needed. Applicants may be considered for all sworn entry level positions within the agency. Applications are considered current for one year from submittal.
Duties for this Position
- **This job posting is intended for applicants who are not currently Class I Police Officer certified. Applicants possessing that certification should apply under the alternate job posting**
Position Minimum Requirements
- High School graduate or equivalent diploma is required.
- Must have a valid South Carolina driver’s license.
- Must be able to maintain required level of proficiency in the use of firearms.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must pass required pre-employment written exam, interview panel, physical exam, background check, polygraph examination, and psychological examination.
- Associates Degree or higher in Criminal Justice or a related field is preferred.
- Military experience with Honorable Discharge is preferred