Travel Involved: None
Department: Public Safety
Note: This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required or assigned to an employee in this position.
This position provides routine police services which include: the protection of life and property; foot and motorized patrol of assigned areas; enforcement of state laws, city ordinances, College rules and regulations; conducting investigations of incidents; and preparing reports to document a broad spectrum of occurrences. Exercises powers of arrest under provisions of current Georgia law.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures the safety and security of Spelman College staff, facilities, students, and visitors.
- Ensures that all campus rules and regulations are enforced.
- Conducts investigations, collects evidence, and testifies in court.
- Functions as communications dispatcher answering phones and short wave radios and performs related clerical tasks.
- Conducts foot and/or motorized patrols of assigned areas.
- Writes incident reports and interviews victims and witnesses.
- Enforces traffic laws, rules, and regulations.