Police Officer Pre-Service
Police Officer Pre-Service is expected to have successfully completed the basic training courses as prescribed by the California Commission on Peace Officer Standard and Training (P.O.S.T.) Enforces laws and maintains order; protects life and property; prevents crime; and actively contributes to the welfare of the community.
$95,052.00 – $117,348.00 Annually
3/5/2021 5:00 PM Pacific
- Participates in firearm training and defensive tactics.
- Learns basic principles of patrol procedures and criminal investigation.
- Drives a variety of police vehicles under various training conditions.
- Patrols an assigned area in marked/unmarked vehicles, bicycles,motorcycles, horses, and all terrain/beach vehicles and on foot for the prevention of crime and enforcement of laws and ordinances.
- Maintains law and order, answers inquiries and assits the public; responds to requests for police services and takes appropriate actions.
- Investigates and prepares reports on offenses, accidents, and other police incidents.
- Makes arrests, issues citations, serves warrants and subpoenas. Directs traffic, inspects premises for security.
- Appears and testifies in court, both on and off duty. Transports prisoners.
- Observes and reports hazards, abandoned or damaged vehicles or property, and malfunctions of equipment such as street lights and traffic control devices.
- Practices and maintains proficiency in the use of firearms and other police weapons and equipment.
Education, Training and Experience:
Graduation from high school or the equivalent. Successful completion of a California P.O.S.T. approved police academy within the last six months or currently enrolled in a California P.O.S.T. approved police academy. If currently enrolled in a police academy, must successfully complete within 6 months from the time of application. Current California P.O.S.T. Level 1 Reserve Officer who has completed Module I, II and III. Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent resident aliens who are eligible for and have applied for U.S. citizenship. Must obtain citizenship within three (3) years from date of application.
Licenses and Certificates:
Possession of a valid Class C driver license. Must possess a graduation certificate from a California P.O.S.T. approved academy within 6 months from date of application. Must be able to obtain a Basic California P.O.S.T. Certificate within 12 months of date of hire or must possess a valid Basic California P.O.S.T. certificate.