Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, the patrol officer is responsible for the safety of persons which includes employees, students, guests, and visitors to the campus; protecting of college property, which includes buildings, grounds, equipment, and other items of value at the college.
- Follow the Department Emergency Procedure Protocol Book in serious cases or cases of emergency.
- Supervise all student employees and part-time employees on security shift and see that the work is carried out properly, in the absence of the supervisor.
- Keep all security related matters in confidence unless otherwise instructed by his/her supervisor or unless necessary to aid in an investigation or to gather information. This would include not discussing such information with students or any College employees.
- Inform the Director or the Dean on call, when requested by the Director, of all incidents involving police agencies which are not routine.
- Attending Judicial Board Hearings if requested, and when involved in cases brought before the board for adjudication.
- Assisting in maintaining cruiser, including washing outside and cleaning inside. Seeing that the cruiser is properly handled during security shift.
- Three years of experience in the field of security, or the equivalent.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be qualified under the terms of the Dartmouth College Driver Safety and Motor Vehicle Policy.
- Good written, verbal, and computer skills.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse community.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate good judgment and the ability to make decisions within the confines of standard operating procedures.