Police Officer – Lateral Level
$79,636.00 – $105,095.00 Annually
10/19/2022 12:00 PM Pacific
The City of Bend Police Department is currently seeking applicants for 7 Police Officer vacancies.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following duties and responsibilities which are not listed in any particular order of importance:
- Carries out the mission of the agency as defined in the mission statement; models and promotes the core values of the organization.
- Performs a variety of law enforcement duties. As a first responder to incidents, serves as a direct link between the department and the public. Duties involve responding to and investigating incident and crime scenes, taking action at incidents, proactively patrolling assigned areas, engaging in information lead policing activities and making independent decisions to deter criminal activity. Enforcing laws and ordinances, making arrests, preserving crime scene evidence and performing preventative community policing. May be assigned to specialized units or teams in the department.
- Serves arrest and search warrants.
- Directs traffic and patrols areas during incidents or any other occasion of a special or emergency nature.
- Investigates crashes, completes reports, makes arrests or issues citations; renders first aid.
- Conducts investigations concerning various types of crime, interviews witnesses and suspects, takes photographs, fingerprints and gathers evidence.
- Attend judicial proceedings, presents evidence and provides credible testimony.
- Participates in departmental meetings and attends in-service training classes and schools.
- Books in prisoners and transports prisoners when necessary.
- Assists other law enforcement agencies.
Experience and Training:
- Academy Certification: Must currently be a certified officer within the State of Oregon, or if an out-of-state applicant must be able to obtain reciprocity of certification granted by the Department of Public Safety Standards and Training as a Law Enforcement Officer.
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least two years of college coursework /at time of application; or have served in the military with an Honorable Discharge or any equivalent combination of Law Enforcement work experience.
- Must be a minimum age of 21 years.
- Oregon Drivers License upon hire.
- Must successfully pass a comprehensive background investigation including criminal history check and obtain an Oregon State Police Criminal Justice Information Systems clearance.