Police Officer Entry-Level
The City of Seattle provides police service 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Shift work, including nights, weekends, and holidays, is required
$28.99 – $51.06 Hourly
4/3/2020 4:00 PM Pacific
• Provide for public safety by maintaining order, responding to emergencies, protecting people and property, enforcing motor vehicle and criminal laws, and promoting good community relations. Explains laws and police procedures to residents.
• Operates a patrol car. Patrols city streets, areas and businesses to deter criminal activity and promote public safety.
• Investigates conditions hazardous to life or property; conducts initial investigations of crime and crime scenes; may assist detectives in criminal investigation work. Conducts search and seizure activities as appropriate. Collects and preserves crime scene and evidence.
• Arrests and/or detains suspected violators of the law. Review facts of incidents to determine if criminal act or statute violations were involved.
• Records facts to prepare reports that document incidents and activities.
• Render aid to accident victims and other persons requiring first aid for physical injuries.
• Transports individuals in custody.
• Presents evidence and testimony in judicial settings.
• Be at least twenty and half (20.5) years of age.
• Hold United States citizenship, OR have legal permanent residency in the U.S.
• Attained a high school diploma or a certificate of high school equivalency (GED).
• Individuals may not have been discharged from military service under dishonorable conditions.