Under general supervision, receives emergency and non-emergency telephone calls and dispatches appropriate emergency personnel.
Essential Job Functions:
- Answers incoming emergency and non-emergency phone calls; transfers calls to special units within the department as appropriate.
- Dispatches police, fire, and EMS personnel as appropriate.
- Dispatches Animal Control Officers; dispatches after hours public works calls.
- Provides medical instructions within the guidelines of Pro Q and A.
- Provides scene safety and preservation instructions to citizens.
- Maintains control and logistical knowledge of all city resources including, but not limited to, personnel in the field, fire units, police units, and animal control units.
- Monitors alarm panels; monitors video surveillance of lobby and back entrance.
- Enters reports as necessary.
- Completes record checks upon the request of officers and/or fire marshals, including driver’s license and criminal histories.
- Provides assistance to responders by supplying information or dispatching additional assistance.
- Prepares juvenile criminal histories for the City Prosecutor.
- Provides criminal histories to other agencies as requested.
- Participates in training seminars and skills tests.
- Enters and updates NCIC files.
- Enters Uniform Crime Reporting information for state and federal reporting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education & Experience:
Requires a High School Diploma or GED equivalent, supplemented by one to two years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Possession of or ability to readily obtain APCO Basic Telecommunicator Certification. Possession of APCO Public Safety Telecommunicator Certification, EMD Certification, EFD Certification, CPR Certification, OLETS Certification and FEMA based training on the National Incident Management System, preferred. Training knowledge of Triage first aid, TRACIS, Vantage Point Mapping, Sentinel 911, Harris Radios, Incident Command, Swift 911, emergency operations awareness for inclement weather, AXIS camera stations, CAD, Crimes, and Mobile Data, HAZMAT, and first responder safety, preferred.