The City of Fredericksburg is accepting applications for a Patrol Officer. Interested applicants must fill out the Fredericksburg Police Department Application for Employment to be considered for the position. Do not submit the general City of Fredericksburg Application for Employment. Interested applicants must meet the following standards for consideration for the position:
1. Must be a citizen of the United States.
2. Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age, and possess a valid Texas Drivers’ License.
3. Must be certified by T.C.O.L.E. or have successfully passed the T.C.O.L.E. exit examination.
4. Must never have executed at any time a confession to a felony offense, such confession being admissible as evidence against you in any criminal proceeding in any State or Federal Court.
5. Must not be under indictment for a felony offense.
6. Must not have any felony conviction, or conviction of a crime of moral turpitude or domestic violence.
7. Must not be on probation for any criminal offense.
8. Must never have been convicted of an offense above the grade of Class B misdemeanor or a Class B misdemeanor within the last ten years.
9. Must be of good moral character, as determined by a thorough background investigation.
10. Must be a High School graduate or possess an equivalent G.E.D. certificate.
11. Must pass a Physical Fitness examination administered by the Police Department.
12. Must be examined and certified physically satisfactory by a licensed physician.
13. Must be, when applicable, examined and certified mentally and psychologically satisfactory by a licensed psychiatrist or clinical psychologist.
14. Applicant must have been discharged from military service under honorable conditions, if applicable.
15. Must pass a polygraph examination.
16. Must meet any other standards set by law or by T.C.O.L.E policy.