Lateral Police Officer
$53,029.00 – $64,119.00 Annually
Job Objective: To patrol an assigned district in the City of Little Rock in order to enforce laws and ordinances.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Patrols an assigned district in the City of Little Rock to observe criminal and traffic violations and enforce laws and ordinances; issues citations to violators.
- Checks out equipment (i.e., portable radio and vehicle); ensures the employee number as well as the assigned vehicle and radio numbers are entered into the computer system.
- Patrols an assigned district to observe criminal and traffic violations; makes arrests and/or issues citations to violators.
- Responds to calls from individuals needing police assistance (i.e., domestic disturbances, burglaries in progress, disturbances with weapons, traffic accidents, etc.); makes arrests and/or issues citations to violators when required.
- Ensures crime scenes and related evidence are secured; records information received from victims, witnesses and suspects for inclusion in required reports or for use by the Detective Division.
- Trains assigned Probationary Police Officers when serving as a Field Training Officer; completes a comprehensive field training manual to report the Probationary Officer’s job performance.
- Operates a City pool automobile in the performance of essential job functions.
Minimum Qualifications and Additional Requirements
- Completion of high school or must have a General Education Diploma (G.E.D.).
- The candidate must possess a valid Arkansas Class “D” (Non-Commercial Vehicle) Driver’s License before employment and maintain licensure for the duration of employment in this position.
- The candidate must meet any other requirements established by the Little Rock Civil Service Commission and the State Commission on Law Enforcement Standards and Training. Completion of high school or must have a General Education Diploma (G.E.D.).