The City of Marco Island is seeking experienced police officers to provide professional law enforcement service in our community. This position is for a police officer assigned to patrol our community in a variety of methods including vehicular and foot patrols. Marco Island Police Officers utilize community and problem-solving policing methodologies.
$40,000 to $44,163 based on previous law enforcement experience. Plus 10% benefits allowance (which may be taken as cash equivalent supplement to salary in lieu of benefits)
Police Benevolent Association
Non-Exempt Schedule: Currently Patrol Officers work 12-hour shifts (with alternating F/S/S off) in an 84-hour bi-weekly schedule. Seniority is a factor in scheduling. Other schedules or assignments are at the direction of the Chief of Police or their designee. Mission Critical / Emergency Recall Position
Open until filled
- Must be law enforcement certified in Florida or eligible for FDLE’s “Equivalency of Training” certification - to be taken at candidates expense
Minimum - High School Diploma or G.E.D
Preferred - Advanced law enforcement training and college coursework / degree
- While not an absolute prerequisite, law enforcement experience, excluding corrections, is strongly preferred.
- Equivalent combinations of education, training, and experience which will provide the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Team player
- Willingness to learn
- De-Escalation Skills
- Service Oriented
- Good Moral Character
- Highly Motivated
- Secondary Language (Other than English)
- Responsibility (Seeks and Accepts)