Protect district property to protect all students, personnel, and visitors from physical harm and prevent property loss due to theft or vandalism. Enforce all laws including municipal ordinances, county ordinances, and state laws.
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Protect Alief ISD students, personnel, and property.
- Patrol assigned campus(s) and routes walking or driving within district jurisdiction.
- Works in conjunction with district emergency response teams in emergencies.
- Respond to all calls from campuses concerning crisis situations, accidents, and reports of crime.
- Investigate criminal offenses occurring within district’s jurisdiction.
- Collect and preserve evidence for criminal investigations including witness statements and physical evidence.
- Arrest perpetrators, file appropriate charges, and ensure placement in jail or juvenile detention centers for law violations as necessary.
- Write effective legal incident reports.
- Testify in court as needed.
- Work cooperatively with other police agencies to share information and provide other assistance.
- May check camera and alarm systems to verify if they are functioning properly.
- Transport district funds if requested or assigned.
- Enforce parking regulations on Alief ISD property.
- High school diploma or GED
- Texas Peace Officer License issued by TCOLE
- Clear and valid Texas driver’s license
- General knowledge of criminal investigation, police report writing, and criminal laws
- Training and ability to subdue offenders, including use of firearms and handcuffs
- Bonded as required by Texas Education Code §37.081(h)
- Ability to pass required physical, psychiatric, and drug tests
- Ability to work well with youth and adults
- Good human relations and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Background in law enforcement or related work experience