Salary range: $97,405 to $148,214.
The City of Joplin is seeking an exceptional Police Chief with a proven track record of leadership, integrity, and accountability. In addition to in-depth knowledge of existing federal, state, and local law, the next chief should be committed to staying up-to-date with the latest trends, best practices, and technologies in the law enforcement field, integrating innovative strategies and tools to enhance the department’s effectiveness and efficiency. They should also be proactive in building strong relationships, inspiring trust, and encouraging collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to address community concerns and develop effective crime prevention strategies.
- This position requires graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in law enforcement, criminal justice, or a related discipline, with a master’s degree preferred.
- Candidates must also have at least seven years of experience in a command position with a law enforcement agency of equivalent or larger size and scope.
- Command experience with a smaller organization will be considered with additional years of experience.
- The selected candidate must also have or be able to obtain certification as a Peace Officer in the State of Missouri and a valid Missouri driver’s license.
- Please note that residency within 12 air miles of Joplin’s City Hall will be required.