Our purpose is to improve the quality of life in the City of Camden by providing responsive, efficient, quality public service that promotes the self-sufficiency, well being and prosperity of citizens, employees, business and our community.
The City philosophy of teamwork and collaboration is the foundation of our shared values. Our values consist of loyalty, professionalism, accountability, compassion, integrity and commitment.
It is our pledge to always work to earn our public’s trust.
• Citizen of the United States
• High School graduate or GED equivalent
• At least 21 years of age
• No Felony convictions
• Must pass a physical and psychological examination and drug screen
• Must pass Police Officer Examination and be interviewed by the Civil Service Commission
• Must pass an extensive background investigation
• Must pass a physical agility test