The Mount Prospect Police Department is actively seeking highly motivated and committed women and men to serve as police officers to a diverse community of 56,000 residents by living the Department’s motto: With COURAGE We Protect, With COMPASSION We Serve.
The Mount Prospect Police Department serves its citizens by a multi-targeted approach through active vehicle patrol, investigation unit, community partnerships, social services, specialized gang and drug units, school resource officers and many other specialties like: Juvenile Officer, Range Officer, Self Defense Instructor, Evidence Technician, Bicycle Unit, Foreign Language Translator, Accident Investigator and Police Trainer.
- Citizen of the United States
- Between 21 and 35 years of age (unless already employed as a Police Officer)
- High School Diploma and 60 college hours (30 hours equivalent awarded for each 12 months of sworn police officer service or 12 months of military service and/or fluency in a second language)
- Valid Illinois Drivers License upon hire
- Pass a physical agility, written, oral and medical examination
- Residency within the State of Illinois
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Starting Salary $69,667 (effective January 2022)
- Top salary $105,925 after 6 years (effective January 2022)