Full Time Police Officer
The Town of Clarkdale, Arizona (Pop. 4,400) is seeking a community-oriented Police Officer to provide public safety to our Town’s constituents. Our Police Department has worked to foster and uphold a positive presence within the community by providing exceptional community relations. The ideal candidate is eager to join our dedicated team of officers in preserving the unique, small town environment our citizens value.
The starting pay range for a Lateral hire is $20.74 – $25.00 (for Recruits, the starting wage is $18.81 until graduation from the Academy). This is an hourly, FLSA non-exempt position.
• Participates in the implementation of goals, objectives, priorities, policies and procedures of the Town of Clarkdale and the Clarkdale Police Department;
• Conducts or assists in the investigation and filing cases of criminal law violations, traffic accidents and other crimes by obtaining evidence and compiling information regarding these crimes, arresting persons related to crimes, preparing cases for filing of charges, protecting and preserving crime scenes, collecting physical evidence, photographing and/or sketching crime scenes and accidents, testifying in court, and other related activities;
• Apprehends suspects, makes arrests, issues citations, identifies witnesses, conducts preliminary investigations, and re-establishes law and order at scenes;
• Interviews and/or counsels parties involved in incidents, prepares documentation and reports of activities performed and information gathered, conducts follow-up on cases;
• Offers information and direction to the public, discusses issues with citizens to follow up and ensure any concerns are properly addressed;
• May transport prisoners to/from jail and/or court;
• May serve as School Resource Officer, training instructor, field training officer, special response team member, crisis negotiator and/or other specialty roles as assigned;
• Compiles, prepares and delivers clear, accurate, and comprehensive written and/or oral reports;
• Actively participates in crime prevention, community relations, and department community policing programs, including acting as a liaison to residents in assigned Neighborhood Patrol Officer Program;
Education and/or Experience:
Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for satisfactory job performance. Preferred applicants will have successfully completed a peace officer law enforcement academy as certified by the Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training Board (AZPOST). A preferred example combination includes AZPOST certification as a peace officer in Arizona and high school/GED graduate with related post-high school education. A successful candidate will be subject to a one (1) year probationary period upon employment.
Applicants hired as a “Recruit” will be required to attend and successfully graduate from The Northern Arizona Regional Training Academy.
Special Requirements, Licenses, and Certificates:
• Must be able to respond to the Town limits within ten (10) minutes;
• Must possess a valid drivers’ license (with the ability to transfer an out-of-state license to Arizona immediately) and maintain an excellent driving record;
• Must successfully pass an oral board, polygraph, drug screening and full background check as well as AZPOST driving and physical agility tests and medical examination;
• Must possess and maintain Level C Terminal Operator Certification by the Department of Public Safety or be able to obtain certification within 90 days of hire;
• Must complete online training and testing with National Incident Management System (NIMS) through the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) within six (6) months of hire and maintain current/ongoing certification;