Want to make a difference in the community? The City of Hastings is accepting applications for full-time police officer positions. Candidates must be service oriented and committed to professional growth and be willing to build community partnerships to solve problems. The City and its police department seek a diverse pool of police officer candidates and strongly encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Closing Date/Time: Sun. 04/29/18 11:59 PM Central Time
Salary: $24.36 – $37.49 Hourly
$50,668.80 – $77,979.20 Annually
The City of Hastings is a historic but growing community with a police department that seeks to become a model for professional, effective, and responsive policing. We offer new police officers a comprehensive field training program that builds on individual strengths to enhance skills and professional development. The department values and prides itself on providing exceptional service and developing officer's capabilities and capacity to effectively respond to and solve problems that affect the safety and livability of the community.
The Hastings Police Department offers a range of interesting and challenging assignments and/or career development opportunities, including:
• Patrol Officer
• Dakota County Multi-Agency Assistance Group (MAAG)
• Dakota County Drug Task Force (DCDTF)
• Canine Officer
• Investigations/Evidence Tech
• School Resource Officer
• Firearms and defensive tactics instructor
• Crisis Negotiation Team
• Bike Patrol
• Field Training Officer
• 4 year college degree (Bachelor's Degree) in Law Enforcement or Criminal Justice
• Eligibility for Peace Officer licensure from the Minnesota Board of Peace Officer Standards and Training by May 1, 2018.
• Possess a valid driver's license
• Pass an extensive background check
• Pass a physical examination and drug test
• Pass a psychological examination
Why the City of Hastings?
- The City maintains a small town feel while being in close proximity to the metropolitan area. We offer an expansive park system, vibrant and active business community, and exceptional education choices.
- Exciting changes are happening here including the development of the Riverfront with an outdoor pavilion, redevelopment of Riverfront property and an expanding Arts presence and movement.
Why be a Police Officer in Hastings?
- Employees believe in and practice our CORE values of Communication, Optimal Service, Respect for Resources and Enthusiasm
- Being part of a Police force that is proactive and engaged in the Community.
- No two days are the same!