School Police Officer
Supports and facilitates the educational process within the Fulton County School System by providing a safe and secure environment through enforcement of state laws, preservation of public order, protection of life and the prevention, detection, or investigation of crime.
- Serves as a visible and active law enforcement officer on campus dealing with law-related areas such as drugs, traffic, trespassing, fighting, and thefts.
- Conducts routine patrols of assigned facilities to include buildings, parking lots and District owned, leased, or rented equipment; Operates system equipment to include alarm systems, surveillance equipment, and patrol units when necessary.
- Counsels individual students in law-related areas which affect the student’s ability to function effectively in the educational environment.
- Conducts mini-courses or workshops on drugs, law, law enforcement, safety, good citizenship, and other areas for students and parents.
- Coordinates security for crowd and vehicle control at extra-curricular activities and special events.
- Assists other law enforcement agencies with incidents involving local criminal activity that may impact student or site safety.
- Maintains paperwork related to activities that may include police reports, activity logs and time sheets
- Performs other duties as assigned by appropriate administrator.
- Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) required.
- Certification as a Peace Officer must be completed prior to making application; Must hold a PBLE classification if P.O.S.T. certified after 1982 or the equivalent prior to 1983.
- Advanced Certifications (Instructor, Drug Identification, etc.) a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of previous sworn law enforcement patrol/investigative experience required.