Closing date: 12/22/2022
Salary: $43,658 – $56,755 per year
- You will conduct physical security checks of buildings or facilities during an assigned shift.
- You will take statements from victims, suspects, and witnesses to clarify conflicting information.
- You will conduct investigative stops on violators of traffic laws.
- You will control access to secure areas by determining which vehicles or personnel have credentials for entry.
- You will perform anti-terrorism duties to deter, detect, or deny unauthorized access.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check.
- The DON does not employ individuals for Law Enforcement Officer positions who have been convicted of a crime of domestic violence on or after 27 November 2002. You must submit DD Form 2760, Qualification to Possess Firearms before appointment.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current valid United States driver’s license. Must qualify for and maintain an emergency vehicle operator endorsement.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.