Police Recruit (Academy Open Enrollment)
Under the procedures established by the St. Louis County and Municipal Police Academy Board of Managers and approved by the St. Louis County Police Department Board of Police Commissioners, all selections under this program are made on the basis of a continuously open, competitive selection process conducted under the supervision of the Personnel Services Unit, St. Louis County Police Department. Applications are welcomed and accepted at any time, usually 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday. Each applicant must successfully complete each stage of the selection process to remain eligible. In the event an applicant is eliminated during any phase of the process, reapplication may not be made for six months unless circumstances indicate that an earlier review may be warranted.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, or applicant must reach their 21st birthday by the time of completion of the academy training course.
- No residency requirement. Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Documentary proof of high school education or presentation of a “State High School Equivalency” certificate, with accompanying score sheet.
- Minimum Department standard is 20/200 in each eye, uncorrected; correctable to 20/20 in each eye.
- Must be free from conviction of a Felony. A Class “A” Misdemeanor conviction will be cause for immediate dismissal from the process, unless otherwise directed by the Chief of Police.
- Must possess a valid State Driver’s License by date of employment and have five (5) or less points charged against his/her driving record at time of application, unless otherwise directed by the Chief of Police.