Police Officer – Lateral with $15k – $30k Incentive
Salary: $5,6291.64 – $7,761.82 monthly.
Open Until Filled
- Must be citizens of the Unites States;
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent;
- Be not less than twenty-one (21) years of age;
- Possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license;
- Possess minimum of twenty-four (24) months full time job experience after certification by the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission (or CJTC recognized certification) as a sworn, paid Municipal, County, State or Federal Police Officer within the last thirty-six (36) months;
- The (24) month full time experience within the past thirty six (36) months may be waived by the Civil Service Commission if the candidate lost or is losing employment as a paid Municipal, County, State or Federal Officer due to a departmental reduction in force (RIF) outside the candidates control;
- Possess experience performing patrol, traffic or investigation;
- Must be current Washington State Basic Law Enforcement Training Academy graduate or eligible to attend the Washington State’s Basic Law Enforcement Training Equivalency Academy;
- Military police experience does not qualify;
- Other requirements include an extensive background investigation to include a polygraph and psychological examination.