Salary: $37.63 Hourly.
Want to do meaningful work that has a real impact on the community? Please come join the Parker Police Department as a Police Officer. Our mission is to maintain a friendly, hometown atmosphere. We place a premium on teamwork and participation, while encouraging creativity and individual initiative. We believe that through collaboration, leadership can occur at all levels. We take our commitments seriously and strive to reach positive solutions. Whether you are joining us for three years or twenty, you will have the opportunity to grow your career with us.
Under limited supervision, this position carries out duties and the laws of the Town of Parker, State of Colorado, and the United States of America. Working in partnership with the community to identify and resolve issues of concern, this position provides public safety services to the community, and maintains peace, safety, and order. This position exercises considerable judgment, initiative, and skill in a variety of situations and must be able to complete work without direct supervision.
- Responds to calls for service.
- Interprets and upholds various laws.
- Prevents, discovers, and investigates crime.
- Preserves public order, protects lives and property and maintains public safety.
- Applies knowledge, reason, and appropriate judgment to make prompt, effective decisions after evaluating alternative courses of action.
- Initiates citizen contacts, traffic stops, and investigates suspicious occurrences through community policing strategies.
- Interacts with citizens to identify issues of concern, works together to resolve concerns.
- Facilitates community problem solving and takes enforcement action when appropriate.
- Observes, listens, and analyzes activities in a wide variety of situations; makes valid assessments of relevant issues, problems, and potential solutions.
- Investigates, gathers evidence, locates, and interviews relevant persons; makes arrests when required, takes necessary police action, prepares reports, and cases for prosecution, and testifies in court.
- Acts with sensitivity to the feelings of others, does not contribute to antagonism, interacts effectively with diverse groups, utilizes de-escalation practices, acts courteous/respectful, and uses good customer service skills.
- Communicates effectively with a wide variety of people verbally and in writing, under varied circumstances, listens, understands and resolves problems and potential solutions.
- Participates with others on work groups or committees to accomplish necessary additional tasks, i.e. PTO, School Programs, crime prevention officer, range officer, D.R.E., bicycle patrol, business associations, or neighborhood groups.
- Establishes positive relationships with citizens, business, and other members of the community.
- Completes required paperwork including but not limited to reports, citations, and warrant paperwork.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and as described in the Parker Police Department Policy and Procedure Manual; may serve in a specialized assignment capacity.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of employment and certified as a Colorado P.O.S.T Level 1 Peace Officer.
- Formal education, often achieved through completion of a bachelor’s or associate degree, in Law Enforcement, Criminal Justice or a related field is preferred.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid Driver’s License issued by the State of Colorado for the type of vehicle or equipment operated; safe driving record and a minimum of two (2) years of driving history.