Salary: $73,908.00 – $90,854.00 Annually.
Fairview Police Department is accepting applications for a Police Officer. This full-time position works a 12-hour schedule. If interested, apply online or submit an application packet to Human Resources. Benefits include employer-paid health, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance, paid time off, and a step-based compensation plan. TMRS retirement contributions are 7% with a 2:1 employer match and 30% TMRS retirement COLA. Town also participates in Social Security.
- Preserves the peace of the community through mediation, investigation, intervention, documentation, and arrest; utilizes all lawful means to improve the quality of life by reducing the fear and incidence of crime, recognizing and resolving problems, and meeting the public safety needs of the residents of the Town of Fairview.
- Patrols the community to respond to citizens’ requests for assistance, enforces traffic regulations, detects crime, apprehends violators, and assures public safety.
- Patrols and provides security for assigned areas, looking for unusual or suspicious activities or persons; responds to emergency and non-emergency calls for service; interrogates and communicates with victims, witnesses and suspects in cases; provides scene security and protection for emergency services personnel.
- Enforces local, state and Federal laws, and enforces compliance with local regulations and ordinances, according to policies, procedures and regulations.
- Investigates crimes and accidents; secures and processes crime and accident scenes, and identifies and collects evidence within scope of authority.
- Arrests law violators; transports and processes suspects, victims and prisoners.
- Completes detailed reports and required paperwork; serves warrants and court documents.
- Maintains vehicle and equipment according to Department standards.
- Represents the Department at court hearings; prepares reports and testifies in court cases.
- Assists and coordinates with other emergency services personnel, outside organizations and businesses, and Federal, state and local law enforcement organizations.
- Presents education and information programs for community and school awareness projects; teaches and counsels residents on law enforcement activities and referral resources.
- Performs specialized functions in areas of expertise, including SWAT/SRT and other special enforcement, intervention and investigative teams, and specialized assignments such as detective, desk officer, school resource officer, and mounted police officer.
- Maintains the integrity, professionalism, values and goals of the Department by assuring that all rules and regulations are followed, and that accountability and public trust are preserved.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent;
- 21 years of age and have a clear criminal record;
- Law enforcement or related experience preferred;
- Must meet all required TCOLE requirements to be licensed as a police officer.