As an elite member of Olathe’s finest, you have an opportunity to join an exciting, dynamic department in a metropolitan city where your law enforcement skills will help protect and serve nearly 143,000 citizens. With our department, you can go as far as your ambition and skills take you. We offer a wide variety of units to serve and there are plenty of opportunities for career advancement. We will provide you the best training and equipment. There has never been a better time to join!
This position is fully benefited to include 8 weeks Paid Parental Leave. We also offer shift differential for evening and midnight shift along with a $2,500 annual language stipend for those who pass Spanish/Sign Language Translator criteria.
- Enforce local and state law.
- Investigate felony, misdemeanor and ordinance violations.
- Investigate traffic accidents and enforce the traffic code.
- Work with stakeholders to solve neighborhood problems.
- Prevent crime and disorder.
- Prepare reports and be able to credibly testify in court.
- Perform duties and responsibilities as required.
- Entry level position, some related law enforcement experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. 2 years of college preferred.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid driver’s license and Kansas Police Officer Certification.