Salary: $57,131 as of July 1, 2023
The Ashland Police Department is conducting a selection process to develop a pool of qualified Police Officer candidates. We are looking for motivated individuals who wish to work for the Ashland Police Department. The Ashland Police Department is an internationally accredited (CALEA) agency that adheres to the highest standards of professionalism. The Town of Ashland offers an award-winning benefits package and a competitive salary.
Police Officer’s duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responding to calls for service.
- Investigating crimes.
- Conducting proactive patrols
- Enforcing criminal and traffic codes.
- Testifying in court.
- Completing various forms of paperwork.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must posses a valid Virginia Operators License
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have high school diploma or a G.E.D.
- Sound financial background