Salary range: $24.37 – 27.20 hourly.
Open until filled
Dispatches police, fire, and emergency calls. Monitors and coordinates all public safety traffic. Answers emergency phone calls and responds accordingly. Transmits, receives, and relays teletype information. Ability to work all shifts (days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays) as required.
- Transmits, receives, and coordinates radio traffic.
- Answers emergency and non-emergency phone calls and relays information.
- Sends and receives teletype information and relays it to appropriate personnel or divisions.
- Maintains phone contact with public safety agencies.
- Monitors and relays radio traffic on other frequencies such as city services and intercity.
- Enters warrants and stolen and recovered items into computer system.
- Operates TLETS/NLETS data terminal for various information.
- Obtains and maintains TCIC/NCIC and CJIS access.
- Must obtain certification as an Emergency Medical Dispatcher (EMD) through the National Academy of Emergency Dispatch (NAED).
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience with public safety and computer aided dispatch preferred.
- Valid State of Texas driver’s license with good driving record.