Lateral Patrol Deputy
$26.00 – $36.40 Hourly
Protects lives and property, and preserves the peace in Laramie County through the patrolling of assigned areas, impartial enforcement of laws and ordinances, detaining and interviewing violators, apprehension of suspects, and responding to calls for assistance.
Essential Job Functions
- Patrols assigned areas, looking for illegal, hazardous and suspicious activities and persons; provides back-up assistance, scene security and protection for regional emergency services personnel.
- Enforces local, state and Federal laws, and enforces compliance with regulations and ordinances.
- Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls for service; interrogates and communicates with victims, witnesses and suspects in cases; secures and documents crime scene and property; identifies and collects evidence.
- Arrests law violators; locates, pursues and arrests criminal suspects; transports and processes prisoners; testifies in court; serves arrest and search warrants; serves and enforces orders of protection.
- Conducts traffic stops and investigates traffic accidents; assists victims and witnesses, and investigates incidents as required.
- Represents the Sheriff’s Department at court hearings; prepares reports and materials requested and subpoenaed by the courts; and testifies in court cases.
- Completes detailed reports and required technical paperwork.
- Identifies, attends and conducts training and educational programs and seminars.
- Maintains patrol vehicles and equipment in clean and effective operating order.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent; must pass a thorough background investigation; must pass Certification requirements by the Wyoming Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission; must have a valid driver’s license; must maintain a level of physical fitness to meet Department standards.