Entry Level Police Officer
Salary: $69,504.00 – $88,740.00 Annually
The City of Gresham Police Department is accepting applications for Entry Level Police Officer positions. Our agency is proud to offer our Police officers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit and retirement package, and extensive, ongoing training opportunities to support the current and future needs of a thriving community service and safety department.
**We are pleased to offer:
- A hiring incentive bonus of $6,000
- A referral bonus of $1,000 once the referral has been sworn in
- Educational reimbursements of $5,000 per year
Our police officers are dedicated and hard-working. But when they’re off duty, you’ll find them hitting the slopes, windsurfing in the Columbia River Gorge, and more.
- Year-round skiing or snowboarding at Mt. Hood, less than an hour away.
- Boating or windsurfing at the Columbia River Gorge, less than an hour away.
- 20-minute drive (and an easy commute) to downtown Portland, Oregon’s largest city-catch a Trail Blazers game, visit the theater, or explore the food scene.
- Camping and recreation with easy access, whether in the mountains or by rivers.
- Scenic two-hour ride to Pacific Ocean coast.
- In town, enjoy Gresham’s historic downtown with more than 150 shops, restaurants, and service businesses, or explore the 1,100+ acres of parks, natural areas, and trails within the city.
The City of Gresham Police Department does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
The City of Gresham Police Department encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, and people of color communities; women, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
We are a full-service police department with a variety of opportunities for an individual to build an extensive skill set and a fulfilling career in law enforcement. In as little as three years, an Entry Level Police officer may be eligible for specialty assignments. The Gresham Police Department specialty assignments include:
- Crisis Negotiators
- Vehicle Collision Team (VCT)
- Explosive Detection Unit
- FBI Safe Streets Task Force
- School Resource Officers
- Field Training Officers
- Training Instructors
- Service Coordination Team
- UAV Pilots
The Gresham Police Department consists of 129 sworn positions. All employees are expected to strive for excellence as they provide services to customers and community members in a positive and respectful manner; while demonstrating a creative and visionary thought process, -and insightful problem-solving skills. .
We offer competitive living-wage salaries with generous benefit packages. In addition to base salary, officers are eligible for overtime pay, premium pay for participation in specialty or instructor assignments, and advanced certification pay.
Benefits include :
- Paid vacation: 20.66 hours per month to start.
- Education reimbursement
- Sick leave for longer-term illnesses.
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance.
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
- City participates in the Oregon Public Employee Retirement System.
- Long-term disability insurance.
- Employee assistance program.
- Health reimbursement account.
- Flexible spending account.
- Deferred compensation.
- Uniforms, uniform cleaning, weapon and other equipment provided.
For qualifications and to apply, visit: https://GreshamOregon.gov/jobs