Entry Level Police Officer
Salary: $41,160 up to $43,697.
Open Until Filled
- Performs general duty police work in an effort to protect life and property of Newberry citizens through the enforcement of laws and ordinances.
- Work involves patrolling the City, conducting investigations, preparing cases for court, preparing various reports, and assisting citizens in an attempt to protect life and property of citizens through the enforcement of laws and ordinances. Employee works under stressful, high-risk conditions.
- Be a Citizen of the United States.
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Pass a physical examination post offer of employment.
- Meet the essential physical fitness standards necessary for the performance of duties.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Successfully pass a State and Department aptitude test.
- Successfully pass a psychological screening.
- Successfully pass a pre-employment polygraph examination.
- Pass a credit check. Applicant must have a good credit rating as determined by a credit report from a Credit Reporting Agency.
- Pass an extensive background investigation which includes past or present domestic situations, i.e.: Child Support, Orders of Protection, Restraining Orders, etc.
- Pass Criminal history check and fingerprint check.
- Successfully complete the prescribed Police Officer Basic Training Requirements as required by the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy.
- Must possess a valid South Carolina driver’s license combined with a satisfactory 10-year driving record.