Salary: $26.06 per hour / $57,592.60 annually.
- Reviews arresting officer’s paperwork for completeness/accuracy; pat or strip searches inmates as necessary and required; inventories inmates’ clothing, personal property, and money; takes computerized fingerprints and digital mug shot for verification by local, State and Federal agencies.
- Utilizes force and/or self-defense techniques to restrain disruptive or combative inmates.
- Secures all exterior and security doors in facility by visually monitoring all movement of all people in the facility and controls movement utilizing screens and monitors in Master Control; controls all lights, alarms, elevators, and other override equipment; contacts outside agencies such as fire, EMS, etc. as needed.
- Monitors inmates’ behavior and attitudes for signs of personality changes, depression, and developing conflicts between inmates; enforces the rules and guidelines for inmates which includes initiating disciplinary action when necessary; prepares and maintains records of inmates’ physical or mental problems; escorts clinic staff during the delivery of prescription and non-prescription medications. Prepare and maintain accurate log entries detailing the services and daily routine of an inmate.
- Supervises movement in the facility; serves as first responder when there is a problem in a pod, fight, medical emergency, etc.; escorts inmates needing additional supervision or security; monitors radio traffic; supervises trustees in cleaning common areas and accounts for cleaning supplies used; conducts linen change in pod and assists Medical Staff when necessary.
- Verifies inventory of inmates’ clothing, personal property, and money against written records; utilizes departmental guidelines to determine property items an inmate may take into housing and to determine proper items to be returned to the inmate upon release.
- Maintains security of the clinic and the safety of the medical staff by monitoring all inmates coming into the clinic; conducts searches of the clinic and inmates entering and leaving the clinic for contraband.
- Operate various technical equipment, monitoring and controlling activities of inmates and their visitors, including cameras, doors, elevators, showers, and fire escapes.
- Supervises meal delivery, pick-up and tray return; removes trash from the facility; ensures inmates with special menus receive correct tray; notes inmates refusing meals.
- Conducts inmate head counts; monitors activities of suicidal inmates, violent inmates; monitors inmates during visitation and recreation periods.
- Ensures all inmates are accounted for at all times; prevents inmate escapes, introduction and/or passing of contraband and prevents the assault or injury of inmates and staff; ensures that each inmate receives their meals, clothing changes, mail, opportunity for exercise, etc., as set forth in departmental policy.
- Prepares written reports on incidents occurring inside the facility which include the actions/use of necessary force by the deputies to be utilized in criminal prosecutions, defense against lawsuits, disciplinary procedures against inmates and for internal affairs investigations.
- Prepares reports regarding operational problems such as defective equipment, suggestions for improving services, or hazardous conditions.
- Logs visitation hours of inmates and ensures the safety of visitors to include attorneys and other professional visits. Monitor and manage the public lobby of the facility.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- No record of criminal conviction, diversion, or expungement of any felony or crime of dishonesty, or the equivalent under the uniform code of military justice.