Police Officer (Non Certified)
The City of Fort Lauderdale is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Police Officer. The Fort Lauderdale Police Department is the largest city in Broward County. It is a fully accredited Agency committed to building a safe and orderly environment through active partnership with the community in order to achieve the City’s mission: We Build Community, in a fast-paced organization that operates by vision, strategy, and action. Join our team and help us build community. Apply now!
The City of Fort Lauderdale’s Police Officers are responsible for maintaining peace and safety, protecting life and property, and promoting community engagement and trust. Fort Lauderdale Police Officers serve a highly diverse multicultural community.
Closing Date/Time: Mon. 08/13/18 11:59 PM Eastern Time
Salary: $55,536.00 – $85,675.20 Annually
To apply for employment as a Non Certified Police Officer, you must:
1. Be a United States citizen (U.S. born or naturalized).
2. Have a U.S. high school education, General Education Development (GED) or equivalent, which includes United States Armed Forces Institute (USAFI) tests. Equivalence of Non-U.S. education must be approved by the State of Florida's Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission (If a degree was acquired in a country other than the United States, evidence of equivalence from a recognized agency must be provided.)
3. Be at least 21 years of age.
4. Must have completed at least sixty (60) semester credit hours toward an Associate's degree or higher from an accredited private or public institution that is accepted by the city, with a minimum G.P.A. of at least a 2.0. (Copy of transcript must be provided.)
NOTE: The college semester credit hour requirement may be waived for U.S. Military personnel who have at least two (2) years of active duty service and an honorable discharge. This requirement may also be waived for certified police officers with two (2) years of police service.
5. Possess a valid Florida driver's license within 30 days of appointment.
6. Must be able to successfully complete an approved Police Academy Training program and obtain a Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) certificate of compliance.
7. Must be able to successfully complete all City of Fort Lauderdale required pre-employment examination requirements.
8. Shall be non-user of tobacco products which include, but may not be limited to cigarettes, e-cigarettes or vapor cigarettes, cigars, pipes, smokeless tobacco of any kind at all times (whether on or off duty).