Police Officer – POST Certified
$23.37 – $36.23 Hourly
Summary: Under general supervision, performs standard police work in the protection of life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances, generally consisting of routine patrol, preliminary investigations and traffic regulation duties.
Essential Job Functions: The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only to provide a summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Preserves the peace of the community through mediation, investigation, documentation, arrest, detention and interrogation; utilizes all lawful means to improve the quality of life by reducing the fear and incidence of crime, recognizing and resolving problems, and fulfilling the public safety needs of the Citizens of Eloy.
- Patrols the City to respond to citizens’ requests for assistance, enforce traffic regulations, detect crime, apprehend violators, and assure public safety.
- Patrols and provides security for assigned areas, looking for unusual or suspicious activities or persons; responds to emergency and non-emergency calls for service; interrogates and communicates with victims, witnesses and suspects in cases; provides scene security and protection for Fire and Medical personnel.
- Enforces local, state and Federal laws, and enforces compliance with local regulations and ordinances, according to policies, procedures and regulations.
- Investigates crimes and accidents as required; secures and processes crime and accident scenes; identifies and collects evidence.
- Arrests law violators; transports and processes suspects, victims and prisoners.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; AND completion of Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) academy is required; must possess State of Arizona Driver’s license, and clear criminal record; must maintain a level of physical fitness to meet Department standards.
- Must be able to work in uniform during weekdays, weekends, and holidays on any assigned shift.
- The City of Eloy conducts background screening and may conduct drug screenings on prospective employees (dependent on position). The City does not hire at the top of the pay range. Candidates may start above the beginning of the pay range depending on qualifications