Police Officer in Training
The Police Officer in Training, under supervision, receives classroom instruction and on-the-job training in the Texas A&M University Police Department.
• Attends a field training program sponsored by the University Police Department.
• Observes and assists qualified police officers in the performance of routine police activities.
• Studies and becomes familiar with Texas A&M University and University Police Department policies and procedures.
• Learns layout of Texas A&M University campus including buildings, streets, major departments, etc.
• Becomes proficient in the use of police vehicles and equipment, which requires operating a vehicle
Required Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Two years of full-time employment
Job Posting Close Date:
• Open Until Filled
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to communicate effectively with all segments of the campus population. Ability to function under adverse and stressful conditions.
Registrations, Certifications, and Licenses:
• Certified as a Police Officer by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE).
• Must have a State of Texas class 'C' vehicle operator's license or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment.
Must be in excellent physical health and stamina. Work beyond normal office hours and/or work on weekends. Successful completion of the field training program. The applicant must pass an entrance exam to be considered for employment. Applicants must successfully pass a psychological evaluation, physical examination, and complete background investigation to include but not limited to driving history, criminal background, and credit history.