Police Officer – Non Certified
The Coral Gables Police Department is a CALEA accredited agency with the mission of providing police services with a pledge of honor and excellence and in partnership with the people we serve. Our Police Department has been recognized as a model of excellence in the delivery of local law enforcement services. The Coral Gables Police Department is responsible for the protections of life and property, providing a comprehensive range of law enforcement services and crime prevention programs. The Department is composed of the Office of the Chief of Police, three operational divisions and two support services divisions. Our force is comprised of 191 sworn police officers.
Closing Date/Time: Tue. 12/31/19 11:59 PM Eastern Time
Salary: $56,536.49 – $78,064.07 Annually
· Age: 21 years of age (Candidates may apply 6 months prior to their 21 birthday)
· Citizenship: United States Citizen
· Secondary Education: High school diploma or equivalent
· Higher Education/Military: Applicants for sworn positions must possess either at least a two (2) year college (AA or AS) degree Or have satisfactorily completed a minimum of fifty-four (54) accredited college credits recognized by the U.S. Department of Education; Or have three (3) years of prior full-time continuous military service; Or a combination thereof.
· Vision: Applicants Binocular and monocular vision must be uncorrected 20/100 or better and corrected 20/30 or better and must have color vision.
· Valid Florida Driver's License: Applicant must possess a valid Florida Driver's License along with the appropriate endorsement, class, rating, etc. Out of state applicants must be able to possess a valid Florida Driver's License upon hire date.
· Examinations: Applicant must undergo and successfully pass three (3) exams. Information about the required tests will be provided by the Department of Human Resources after the submission of the online application.